|Course Number||Arch 100b|
|Course Name||Fundamentals of Architectural Design|
Here we will list all the Sessions tied to this course.
Outline may changed according to the progress each week in section and coordination studio.
- Week 1 - June 22
- Introduction: BIM and REVIT concepts and terminology.
- Interface Organization:
- Project Organization Overview: View Types, References, Content.
- Importing, Linking, and Exporting: AutoCad, Illustrator, Photoshop, Rhino.
- Week 2 - June 29
- Online Resources
- Massing tools and conceptual mass workflow
- Project setup- location, true north and project north.
- Site Setup: terrain site, pads
- Week 3 - July 06
- Project Views and Navigation: View Templates, Visibility, Linework and
- Fill Patterns
- Basic Modeling: Walls, Doors, Windows, Floors, Stairs, Curtain walls,
- Grids, Columns
- Sheets and Layout
- Week 4 - July 13
- Modeling Continued: Advanced topics.
- Locating, adjusting, and creating component and in-place Families.
- Creating and Testing Parameters
- Week 5 - July 20
- Families continued.
- Complex/Nested Families.
- Annotation and Annotation Families - use and Customization
- Linework and Detail components
- Week 6 - July 27
- Building Model analysis
- Cameras: Perspective and Measured
- Materials: Editing and Creation
- Rendering and Lighting
- Week 7 - August 03
- Drawing, Rendering, and Layout refinement.
- Week 8 - August 10
- Reviews - Very likely no lab