Efficiently Drawing a Section & Plan - Rhino + Illustrator
|Students will use a Rhino 3D to 2D workflow in generating one plan and one section of their own 3D models. Layer organization is emphasized in determining the success of each submission.|
Assessment objectives include:
|Exercise Type||Problem Set|
|Uses Tool(s)||Tool:Rhino v4.x , Tool:Illustrator CS5|
Working from your own 3D model in Rhino, perform the following.
- Cut one plan and on section
- Align the plan and section
- Edit the linework into clean drawings that are ready to export into Illustrator
- Create appropriate layers for lineweights and line types
- In Illustrator, adjust fills and strokes by layer. DO NOT USE LIVE PAINT OR PHOTOSHOP.