|Post Rendering Processing|
|Learning Objectives||This session will go over a sampling of basic photoshop techniques for post-processing renderings from Vray. Items will include image adjustments, bringing in entourage including people, plants, water, and sky.|
|Uses Tool(s)||Photoshop CS5|
Photoshop for Post-Processing
Using photoshop on simple Vray Renders to create different effects, using environmental entourage and photoshop image manipulations.
Key Photoshop Elements for Post Processing:
- Layers : main organizational feature
- Layer Style : Allows for adjustability of features of a given layer
- Layer Transparency : Options for transparency and visibility regarding layering
- Channels : Useful for alpha channel rendering with Vray, ie. depth of field
- History : Keeping track of moves within photoshop
- Image Transformation : Changing shape or orientation of images
- Image Adjustments : Changing appearance of images, ie. Levels, Desaturate, Curves
- Image Filters : Blur, Liquify
- Tools Palette : Move, marquee, crop, eyedropper, dodge/burn, erase, smudge, blur, paintbrush, clonestamp, etc.
- |Workflow 12]]: Creating Composite Renderings in Photoshop.
- Exercise 12
- Creating Composite Renderings in Photoshop
Online Sources of Materials
Video Tutorial-Raw Render to Finished Photoshop Render : A very detailed overview of post-processing in Photoshop.
Video Tutorial-Post Processing to Produce Water and Reflections : Good quick techniques for adding water and reflections in Photoshop.
Video Tutorial-Adding people to Renders in Photoshop : Different techniques for adding people to Photoshop for different conditions.
Immediate-Entourage.com : Free entourage including people, animals, plants, vehicles, furniture.
Viz-People.com : Free entourage with login.
Kropped.com : Free entourage.
Digitalcutout.com : Free entourage.