|Learning Objectives||This workshop will focus on the best practices in 3d modeling. An introduction to NURBS surface modeling in Rhino with emphasis on precision modeling in 3d space. This will be followed by an overview of modeling using 2d drawings, such as plans / sections or jigs.|
|Uses Tool(s)||Rhinoceros , Illustrator CS5|
Lecture 6: 3d Modeling in Rhino
NURBS VS Mesh
- What makes up a NURBS Surfaces?
- What happens as I edit a NURBS Surface?
- Planar Surfaces: Plane, Plane (Vertical), PlanarSrf, PlaneThroughPt, CutPlane,
- Extruded Surfaces: ExtrudeCrv, ExtrudeCrvAlongCrv, ExtrudeCrvTapered, ExtrudeCrvPoint, Ribbon, Fin
- Non-Planr Surfaces: SrfPt, EdgeSrf, Loft, Revolve, RailRevolve, Sweep1, Sweep2
- Boolean Commands, ExtendSrf, FilletSrf, ChamferSrf, Variable Fillet / Blend, Connect Surfaces, BlendSrf, OffsetSrf, Unroll
- Project, Pullback, Interpolate on Surface, DupEdge, DupBorder, Extract Isocurve, Extract Point, Extract Curve, Extract Wireframe, Section, Contour
- Workflow 6
- Best Practices in 3d Modeling - Jigs and Construction Geometry.
- Exercise 6
- Basic Surface Modeling - Kayaks and Canoes.