|Advanced Orthographic Representation|
|Learning Objectives||The lecture will continue on building detailed orthographic drawings by adding detail via blocks and background information. We will also preview three-dimensional drawing skills such as perspectives, axonometrics and exploded drawings. Emphasis on drawing standards and technique. In-class workflow will review making an axonometric drawing using the SHEAR command.|
|Uses Tool(s)||Rhinoceros , Illustrator CS5|
Exercise 04: Gallery Make2d Review
- Good examples
- Common mistakes
- Taking the drawing further: what could we add?
3d Views + Drawings
- Plan Oblique
- Section Perspective
- 1 pt Perspective
- 2 pt Perspective
Creating a Camera View
- Editing views, saving views, exporting
- Drawing Clean-up + Lineweights
- Presentation Effects + Techniques
3d Drawing Tools
- 3d Views: Axonometric Drawing
- Workflow: Making an axonometric drawing using the Shear Command
Villa Savoye Axonometric Drawing
- Drawings should be submitted at 1/8” scale. Files should be submitted by the end of class as a pdf file via email to email@example.com using the proper naming convention : Lastname_Firstname_Week5.pdf.
Assignment for next Week
(As part of
Revised Plans + Sections. New section cuts into the building should emphasize the conceptual changes as well as the primary physical changes to the space. Drawings must be printed and pinned up at the beginning of next class. Each student must produce the following drawings:
- One plan at 1' = 1/16"
- One section (location to be discussed in class) at 1' = 1/8"