|Week 2 - Advanced Rhino Modelling|
|Learning Objectives||Continuing from last week's class, we will move on to more advanced 3D modeling in Rhino, looking at various approaches that can be taken when creating building form.|
|Uses Tool(s)||Rhinoceros , Grasshopper|
Lecture: Advanced 3d modeling in Rhino
Context:Overview of NURBS Geometry
- NURBS vs Mesh
Context:Approaches to Digital Modeling
- solid body
- Creating a 3D Rhino model from plans and elevations
- We will be using the St Marys Cathedral in San Francisco as a model rather than the Villa Savoye. The base rig can be found here .
- Reference images on which this rig were built can be found here .
Using a rig built from the collected case study plans and sections, as a group:
- Create a detailed model of the building using Rhino
- Please submit the final Rhino file (.3dm, Rhino5 or earlier) to dropbox by next Monday at midnight.